Encounter with the Devil - Part II
Months after annihilating the phantom within myself, I embarked once again toward an undesignated destination. This time, with the hope that I would not have to face the devil again.
But perhaps that is the trajectory of human life: the devil will always find his way into our path, if only to lead us back to God.
This time, he did not take me into the unseen realms, where it felt as though I were falling endlessly toward an event horizon. Instead, I encountered him within sacred boundaries, in the rows of a mosque.
The mosque is considered the house of God. So I was intrigued, even baffled, by how the devil could enter such a place. Perhaps God had permitted him to enter, not as a force beyond His command, but as a means to test me.
I stood up to pray, perhaps Zuhr or Asr. A friend of mine was there too. He wanted to pray beside me, but after some argument, I stepped a few rows ahead and began my prayer.I was somewhere in the first or second rak'ah when I felt a heavy blow from behind. It was powerful enough to pin me to the ground.
And there he was. The devil, disguised as my friend.
It took me a few moments to pull myself together. I fought back, landing a few punches before pinning him down. Yet I kept the blows restrained, knowing that he was not acting entirely on his own.
Still, a part of me wanted to beat the devil himself, badly. He had disturbed me enough times. There was only one thing I knew: I must not look into his eyes. If I did, I would lose my strength. But he rose again, and suddenly we were face to face. I looked into his eyes.
Immediately, I felt myself becoming weak. It was as though I had been intoxicated. My body gave way, and I fell to the ground, shivering. And then I opened my eyes. The devil was gone. Yet the shivering remained. The sensation was still there.
That was when I realised: It was another dream. It was not enough for him to disturb me in consciousness. Now he had come for a one-on-one fight in the realm of dreams.
But this time, I realised something. I was no longer afraid of him. Perhaps I did not defeat him. Perhaps I could not even overpower him. But I recited my prayers. And perhaps that was enough. If evil could not make me surrender, perhaps it had already lost something.
The preparation for the next encounter begins. Next time, I will look into the eyes of evil and call it what it is. Evil. And then I will strike it with the strongest blow of all:
the truth.
Read Part I Here - https://nasirnarrates.blogspot.com/2025/07/encounter-with-devil-part-01.html

Comments
Post a Comment